Fall 2022 Korean Proficiency Exam
Posted in Announcements
한국어 능력 시험
October 26-28, 2022
Sign up by Tuesday, October 25, 2022
Inquiries: Prof. Min Koo Choi at email@example.com
• The Proficiency Exam is only for SFS/MSFS/MASIA students, students in the IBD program, and those MSB students in the International Business program who are required to take it.
• The format of the proficiency exam is an oral test based on the news article that you will read before the exam. The student will be asked to summarize the article and answer the questions about its content and language. So read the article and examine the words and expressions of the article thoroughly. You may consult a dictionary when preparing for the exam, but should not discuss the exam material with anybody by any means. The exam itself lasts approximately 20 minutes.
• The reading material for the exam will be available for you to pick up three (3) hours before the exam time you have signed up for. Please go to the front desk of the Department of East Asian Languages and Cultures at ICC 306 to pick up the envelope with your name on it. On the exam, you will be given the new copy of the same article that you picked up.
• The exam will occur in ICC 306I.
• Please show up for the proficiency exam on time and bring your student I.D. with you.
• The first exam, scheduled within the departmental deadlines, will be administered without charge. An additional exam, whether the result of failure to pass or absence from a scheduled exam, will also result in a charge of $25.00 in cash.
• If you graduated from a high school where Korean is the language of instruction, you should contact your Deans to request a native speaker certification and an exemption from the proficiency test.