2021 FACES Summit Application
Posted in Announcements
FACES (Forum for American-Chinese Exchange at Stanford) is an international organization based at Stanford University, with four regional chapters in China and a global network of over 850 professionals, scholars, innovators, and leaders shaping their respective fields in the U.S. and China. This is a call to apply for an opportunity to attend the 2021-2022 Annual Summit, FACES’s flagship event.
Details of the Summit include:
- Five-day conference at Stanford and Peking Universities
- Forty exceptional student scholars selected from across the globe, with interests spanning business, politics, humanities, and engineering
- Fall session at Stanford over Zoom takes place November 18-21, 2021; the spring session is held in late March at Beijing’s Peking University
Past speakers include:
- Former U.S. President George H. W. Bush
- Former Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi
- Former U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice
- Sidney Rittenberg, former personal translator to Mao Zedong
- Forbes Midas Lister, Managing Partner of GGV, Hans Tung
- Former Chief Security Officer of Facebook, Alex Stamos
This year’s summit theme is “Development through Collaboration,” covering the fields of science and technology, government-to-government exchange, healthcare, cultural and educational institutions, and civil society and nationalism. Delegates will engage in serious reflection of U.S.-China relations and their effects on the Asia-Pacific region while establishing long-lasting interpersonal connections. The summit aims to provide insights on both the development of tension and the most up-to-date policies in the U.S.-China realm.
Applications to attend the 2021-22 FACES Annual Summit will close August 30, 2021 at 11:59 PM PST. Please reach out to us at email@example.com (new window) or visit https://faces.stanford.edu/summit (new window) with any questions about FACES or the application process. Apply here if interested!