Spring 2018 Japanese Language Proficiency Test
Dear BSFS/MSFS/MASIA/MSB Students,
2018 Spring Japanese Language Proficiency Test for BSFS/MSFS/MASIA/MSB
students is scheduled for April 17-29, 2018. If you plan to satisfy the BSFS/MSFS/MASIA/MSB foreign language requirement by taking the
Japanese test, please sign up for the test by Friday, April 13.
You will find test instructions below.
Please note that this test is only for BSFS/MSFS/MASIA/MSB students
who need to satisfy their language requirement this year. Students who
would like to document their proficiency are strongly encouraged to take the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) scheduled for December 2, 2018.
Contact me if you have any questions.
Yoshiko Mori, Ph.D.
Director of the Japanese Language Program
Department of East Asian Languages and Cultures
- Sign up in an available slot by Friday, April 13 at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a054da5a87-2017. Make sure to specify an area of your interest so that we can provide you with an article on a topic relevant to your selection.
- On the day before the test, you will receive a newspaper article via e-mail.
- On the day of the test, report to your test room five minutes before the scheduled start time.
- During the test, you will be asked to summarize the content of the article, answer comprehension questions, and state your views on the topic discussed in the article. You will be allowed to bring a copy of the article to the test.
- After discussing the assigned article, you will be asked questions about yourself and your interests including your campus life, a field of your study, your professional goals, etc.