Spring 2019 Korean Proficiency Exam
Korean Proficiency Exam
한국어 능력 시험
March 20-22, 2019
BSFS/MSFS/MASIA/MSB/IBD Students Sign up for the exam by Tuesday, March 19, 2019
Inquiries: Prof. Min Koo Choi at email@example.com
- The Proficiency Exam is only for SFS/MSFS/MASIA students, students in the IBD program, and those MSB students in the International Business program who are required to take it.
- The format of the proficiency exam is an oral test based on the news article that you will read before the exam. The student will be asked to summarize the article and answer the questions about its content and language. So read the article and examine the words and expressions of the article thoroughly. You may consult a dictionary when preparing for the exam, but should not discuss the exam material with anybody by any means. The exam itself lasts approximately 20 minutes.
- The reading material for the exam will be available for you to pick up three (3) hours before the exam time you have signed up for. Please go to the front desk of the Department of East Asian Languages and Cultures at ICC 306 to pick up the envelope with your name on it. Please show up for the proficiency exam on time and bring your student I.D. with you. On the day of the exam, you will be given the new copy of the same article that you picked up.
- The last day to sign up for the exam is 3/19/2019. Otherwise, your exam may not be administrated. You can reschedule or cancel your sign-up online at any time as long as it is done by 3/19/2019.
- •The first exam, scheduled within the departmental deadlines, will be administered without charge. Tardiness in scheduling an examination, rescheduling, or canceling may result in a charge of $25.00. An additional exam, whether the result of failure to pass or absence from a scheduled exam, will also result in a charge of $25.00 in cash.
- If you graduated from a high school where Korean is the language of instruction, you should go to your Deans to request a native speaker certification and an exemption from the proficiency test.
If you have any questions about the exam, please contact Prof. Min Koo Choi at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-687-3955.